System 7 Carbon helmet
The System 7 Carbon helmet provides maximum comfort and safety. The full carbon helmet shell is especially light and has outstanding impact absorption properties. The quadruple-joint chin bar pivot ensures a low front profile even with the chin bar open. Removing the chin guard requires no tools and only two buttons – turning it into a fully fledged jet helmet. The sun visor is easily adjustable to adapt to sudden changes in light. Excellent ventilation helps you keep a cool head and a double-glazed visor ensures unobstructed vision. In terms of aerodynamics and aero-acoustics, the helmet ranks among the best on the market.
- Flip-front helmet with quadruple-joint mechanism
- Lightweight, 100% carbon shell (two sizes) with excellent impact absorption and optimum rigidity
- Inner layer made of multi-segmented expanded polystyrene
- Double-glazed visor: anti-fog inner visor, outer visor has anti-scratch coating on both sides
- Effective ventilation for head and visor
- Outstanding aerodynamics and aeroacoustics
- Built-in drop-down sun visor, operated via slide control
- Large spoiler
- Central release button to open the chin guard
- Chin strap with a snap lock closure, integrated neck straps prevent the helmet from twisting in the event of an impact
- Removable, washable liner made of DuPont Coolmax and Alcantara
- Quick and easy conversion to a jet helmet
- Compatible with BMW Motorrad communication system
- Safety standard: ECE 22-05
- Low weight: approx. 1,580 grams (small helmet)
- Optional visor in tinted silver reflective, blue reflective or orange
- Sizes: 52/53-64/65
New: Option 719 Limited Edition
Graphit matt metallic
REMOVABLE CHIN SECTION
Two helmets in one. Simply unique.
HELMET SHELL MADE OF 100% CARBON
Lighter, safer, sportier.
Only one material was even worth considering right from the outset: carbon. Carbon fibre technology has a long tradition at BMW. Thanks to this experience and expertise, we were even able to reduce the weight of the helmet shell compared to other carbon helmet shells by another 25%. To do this, we fitted a high-performance carbon fibre combined with an innovative, complex processing process.
The result: an especially light fully carbon helmet shell in two sizes, which impresses with optimised rigidity and safety performance in every impact zone.
Streamlined and quiet.
Feel the wind, but only how you need it. This is why our BMW experts from various departments all joined forces on the development of the System 7 Carbon. This enabled us to incorporate the results from elaborate testing in our ultra-modern wind tunnels in Munich and Milan directly into our development and design process.
The intensive analyses and optimisations to the spoiler geometry achieved through them are not only visually impressive, but also functionally: the System 7 Carbon has tremendous aerodynamics. There is very low torque even when looking sideways – and impressive aeroacoustics. It is one of the quietest folding helmets on the market.
ALL FEATURES AT A GLANCE
Experience more together. The optionally available BMW Motorrad communications system makes almost everything possible: connect via Bluetooth to your passenger, mobile phone, MP3 player, whilst at the same time with your BMW Motorrad Navigator. Up to three connections are possible, and so you can make phone calls and listen to music while at the same time not straying off course – keeping your eyes on the road.